Minimizing Out-of-Pocket Costs for Ketamine Treatment
At Curio, we understand that the cost of ketamine treatment can be a barrier to receiving the care you need. That's why we offer support to help minimize your out-of-pocket costs and maximize your insurance coverage. Here's how we can help:
- Curio will create a super bill that details the reimbursable services that we provide for you to submit to your insurance.
- For any services that we recommend, you will need to work with the individual provider to ensure that you have the right documentation, but we can support navigating this process.
- It’s possible your insurance may fully or partially cover your treatment.
- Insurance will most likely provide out-of-network reimbursement for the initial medical consult and follow-up med management visits with a doctor.
- If you are working with a licensed therapist, they may also provide out-of-network reimbursement or in-network reimbursement depending on your coverage and whether we found an in-network match.
- It is unlikely that insurance will provide coverage for coaching, the ketamine sessions, or ketamine itself, so we often exclude those from our super bill to simplify adjudication.
- If available, a Health Savings Account (HSA) and a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) are both tax-advantaged accounts that allow you to set money aside to invest in qualified healthcare expenses designated by the IRS.
- Some insurers will give you an HSA or FSA card to use for qualified expenses. If you don’t have a card, you can submit for reimbursement through your insurance.
At Curio, we are committed to making ketamine treatment more accessible and affordable. Contact us today to learn more about how we can support you in your journey to well-being.
Cover photo by Fabian Blank on Unsplash